Sugar Glazed Ham
(Cook Time: 2h00)
• 1 x 3.6kg ham bone-in, precooked
• 1 x tin of pineapple slices
• 1 jar Moir’s cherries
• ½ Cup of garlic cloves
• 1 & 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 Tbsp bourbon whiskey
• 1 Tbsp Colman’s Dijon mustard
• 1-2 Tbsp pineapple juice
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Using a sharp knife, score the ham by cutting shallow lines across the top of the ham about 2.5cm apart making a diamond pattern. Insert a whole clove in each diamond or square.
3. Place the ham in a baking dish, cut side down and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1-1/2 hours.
4. While you wait, start the glaze. Mix the brown sugar, bourbon and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Add just 1 tablespoon of the pineapple juice and then add more if needed to get your desired taste.
5. Then once the ham is done, remove from the oven and turn onto its side. Spoon the glaze evenly on top of the ham, making sure to cover all exposed areas. Using toothpicks, top your ham with pineapple slices and cherries.
6. Place the ham back in the oven uncovered this time and bake for another 30-35 minutes or until the glaze is sticky and the sugar has melted.
7. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
Merry Christmas. 🌲